The Rise of Cyber Warfare
A war in cyber domain has been already started, and its impact is quite devastating. Dangers arisen from the new kind of war ranged from economic disaster such financial accounts shutted or locked, technological problems, for example personal computer hacking and thievery of important data, also includes hacking into a country’s defense system and its use for personal benefit of a country or organization. The recent rise of 5G technology increases the possibility of these dangers to happen in real world. China currently holds the best 5G technology in the world in the hands of its leading company, Huawei. Heated politics between the US and China makes the possibility for China to use its technological advantage against its Western rivals and the whole world becomes very big. The US and its allies will definitely be retaliating against China with their own cyber weaponry, resulting in a large scale cyber warfare.
Craven, C. (2017, October 20). Key Elements for 5G Networks. Cdx central. Retrived from https://www.sdxcentral.com/5g/definitions/key-elements-5g-network.
Edelman, L. (2019, January 28). Trump has this one right: China’s 5G is a real national security threat. Globe Staff. Retrived from ttps://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2019/01/28/trump-has-this-one-right-china-real-national-security-threat/5Y8dVFUBkAY4Ud3LENemSO/story.html.
Lyons, K., Ho, V., & Durkin, E. (2019, February 24). Guaidó: military should disown leader who burns food in front of the hungry – as it happened. The Guardian. Retrived from https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/feb/23/venezuela-brazil-border-aid-live-news-latest-updates.
Segan, S. (2019, January 3). What is 5G?. PCMag Asia. Retrived from https://sea.pcmag.com/cell-phone-service-providers-products/15385/what-is-5g.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The Author and each co-authors transfer the copyright and grant the journal right of publication with the work simultaneously licensed under an International Creative Commons Attribution and ShareAlike 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors should sign copyright transfer agreement when they have approved the final proofs sent by JKPIs prior the publication.
- The Author (Co-authors) guarantees that the Materials are an original work, submitted only to JKPIs, and have not been published previously.
- In case the Materials were written jointly with Co-authors, the Author guarantees that he/she has informed them of the terms of this Agreement and obtained their signatures or written permission to singe on their behalf.
- The Author guarantees as well that:
- The Materials do not contain libelous statements.
- The Materials do not infringe on other persons' rights (including without limitation copyrights, patent rights and the trademark right).
- The Materials do not contain facts or instructions that can cause damage or injury to third parties and their publication dose not cause the disclosure of any secret or confidential information
Jurnal Kajian Peradaban Islam
Published by Penerbit Sinergi Mandiri Bandung in Collaboration with Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia, and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright ©2018 Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia.